Thankful Paws & The Human-Animal Bond
Thankful Paws recognizes and advocates for the value of the human animal bond. The benefits received by the person as well as the animal are the basis for all that we do. This includes providing pet food for the elderly, those who are experiences homelessness with their pet as well as all our educational and outreach programs.
Thankful Paws believes...
In supporting and promoting the Five Freedoms of Animal Welfare:
- Freedom from Hunger and Thirst by ready access to fresh water and a diet to maintain full health and vigor.
- Freedom from Discomfort by providing an appropriate environment including shelter and a comfortable resting area.
- Freedom from Pain, Injury or Disease by prevention or rapid diagnosis and treatment.
- Freedom to Express Normal Behavior by providing sufficient space, proper facilities and company of the animal's own kind.
- Freedom from Fear and Distress by ensuring conditions and treatment which avoid mental suffering.
Stay current with all the exciting news and events!
Subscribe to our free newsletter.